Dark green or gray for school logo shirts and polos.
- Must have long or short sleeves.
- Knit polo-type or woven dress shirts (with collar), blouses, turtlenecks.
- Only school T-shirts may be worn without collars.
Blue, black or khaki/tan
- Shorts, pants, skorts, skirts, skirted jumpers.
- Must be plain, solid-color twill, corduroy or denim fabric.
- Traditional dark blue jean color is OK for denim.
- For safety reason, no open toes are allowed.
- Clothes must be the appropriate size, with the waist of the garment worn at the student’s waist.
- Clothing must comply with the Polk County Code of Conduct.
- Clothing that is too tight or too loose is not permitted.
- Earrings/Jewelry: Young ladies are allowed to wear small post earrings or small hoops (hoops no larger than a dime for safety purposes). No dangling earrings allowed.
- Expensive or excessive amounts of jewelry, such as necklaces, rings and bracelets are not permitted.
- Makeup is not permitted.
- Tattoos, artificial and “press-on” nails and other distracting body art or artificial hair color is not allowed.
- Haircuts that are distracting to the learning environment as determined by the principal are not permitted as learning is our priority.
- Unnatural hair color is not permitted.
- All shorts, skirts and pants must be hemmed.
- School administrators will determine if clothing is appropriate for school and complies with the Polk County Code of Conduct.
- The Uniform Dress code does not allow for clothing with colored trim, stripes, embroidery, decorations, etc. It also does not provide for overalls (overalls with pants or shorts), sweat pants, and knit pants.
- A belt is required if the garment has belt loops.
- Shirts (including T-shirts) must be tucked in.
- Shorts/skirts must be mid-thigh or longer.
- Shoes must be safe (laces tied) and have enclosed toes and heels (flip flops, slides, and sandals may not be worn.) No shoe w/wheels (Heelies).